MASTER GUIDE REQUIREMENTS
for Adventurers and Pathfinder Ministries
North American Division
Revised September 2014
- Register with Lake Region Conference Youth Department.
- Be a baptized member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Have a written recommendation from your local church board, stating that the candidate is in regular standing.
- Be at least 16 years of age to start the Master Guide Leadership course and at least 18 years of age at completion.
- Have a completed Basic Staff Training Certification and been involved for a minimum of one year in one of the following ministries.
- Adventurers Ministries
- Pathfinders Ministries
- Lower Division Sabbath School
- AY Team
* It will be helpful for a Master Guide in training to have exposure to both ministries, Adventurers and Pathfinders.
- The Master Guide curriculum must be completed in a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years.
- All Master Guide Candidates must document all work in a portfolio.
- Curriculum completion is under the supervision of the conference Youth, Pathfinder or Adventurer Director, or their designated Master Guide representative.
- There will be an exit interview to review MG Report Card & Portfolio
Master Guide program cost $50 which covers all MG certificate, paraphernalia, and packet. Payment options are as follows:
- Check or money order. Make checks to: Lake Region Youth (memo: master guide) 8517 S. State St., Chicago, IL 60619
- Credit or debit card via paypal (below form)*
- Credit or debit has fees totaling $52.00
*Books and instructor resource material for Master Guide are available from AdventSource
You can order the Master Guide Record Card from AdventSource catalog #001123
Master Guide Online Registration Form
Master Guide Paypal Link
Lake region Conference Club ministries
Master Guide Training Program
The Master Guide (MG) Ministry is one of the leadership programs that the General Conference Youth Ministries Department uses to train people for youth leadership. The Master Guide provide assistance to the Adventurer, Pathfinders or Youth Ministries of the local church and/or conference in leadership training, discipleship and outreach endeavors.
The Master Guide Ministry is NOT an extension of the Pathfinder program, it is a Youth Ministry Leadership Program in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It prepares the participant for leadership roles with the Adventurer, Pathfinder, and Youth Ministries. The emphasis is on in-service training and active involvement in learning new skills and developing methods for successful leadership. The purpose of the Master Guide curriculum is to develop youth leadership in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Master Guide Curriculum
MG7001 Monthly Report Form
MG7002 Camp Inspection Form
Camp Inspection Process
MG7003 Class A Uniform Inspection Form
Uniform Inspection Process
Adventist Risk Management Claim Forms
Club Membership Application
Camp Check List - Individual
Camp Check List - Club
Medical Consent and Release Form
Field Trip Checklist
Safe Driver Pledge
Safety Guidelines Brochure
Club Certification Application
Master Guide Manual
About the Master Guide Ministry
Master Guide Club Structure
Master Guide Recertification Program
28 Fundamental Beliefs
US National Anthem - The Star Spangled Banner
Police and security codes
NAD Pathfinder Drill Manual
MG6007 Drill Guidon Information
Questions and answers
Suggested Programs and ceremonies
Honors and camping information
Adventist Youth Honors
Backpacking (additional articles on this link)
Camping Skills 1
Camping Skills 2
Camping Skills 3
Camping Skills 4
Camping Skills 4 Test